Posted to uk.d-i-y
Spike[_6_] Spike[_6_] is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On 05/06/2021 13:23, T i m wrote:
Spike wrote:

So, why do you not eat cows and sheep ...

It's called 'freedom of choice',

But it's *still* not an explanation re the logical inconsistency.

Cheers, T i m

'Choice' doesn't have to be logical - for example you've claimed that
you took up your anti-meat-eating crusade as a result of the choices
made by people close to you. That smacks more of emotion than logic.

Regarding these posts made by you about your dog:

As it
happens he seems to love all the veg, typically leaving (meat based)
kibble and eating all the veg (then going back to it later when he's
hungry again).

I asked our dog if it wanted to go out for a walk earlier
but he didn't because it was raining

You understand animals so little, that you appear to have no grasp of
what's happening in these two situations.

In the first one, you are offering your dog a meal that contains meat.
Meat that you find repulsive for all the reasons you have so tediously
and repetitively spoken of. The dog picks up on this, because it is a
sentient, sensitive creature, so is reluctant to eat the meat part of
the meal. You think that the dog has made a choice, but it hasn't, it's
just following *you're* unvoiced choice.

In the second one, you think you offered a choice to your dog as to
whether to go for a walk in the rain. *You* most likely didn't want to
go, and the sentient, sensitive dog picked up on that and showed its
reluctance to go out. Again, you think that the dog has made a choice,
but it hasn't, it's just following *you're* unvoiced choice.

Half a bag of 'Plant Pioneers, meat free chicken-style pieces' between
us (about 7 chunks each, no room for more in the large wrap) in a wrap
with some salad, with some extra tomato, cucumber and diced onion.

With someone in the family suffering joint problems, I could think of a
worse meal to serve them to aggravate their condition, but this one's
bad enough as it is.

So, apart from knowing very little indeed about how sentient, sensitive
creatures function, and what foods trigger joint pain, what other
pertinent knowledge are you lacking that we can put you right on?

--
Spike