Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to hide screws in a wooden deck?

On 05/06/2021 16:24, Chris Bacon wrote:
On 05/06/2021 15:48, newshound wrote: Especially if you were talking
about ribbed board
I have heard that the boards should be *laid the other way up*....

"Decking timber usually has ridges that run along the length of the
board. Also called €śgrooves€ť or €śreeds€ť. These ridges on the board may
face up to provide functionality and aesthetics. Or they may be
installed facing down, the orientation recommended by manufacturers as
the correct way to install them."

(source: gripclad.co.uk)

I thing they look nicer that way, too.

Most decking board I have seen has "square" grooves on one side and ribs
on the other. I know you see it used both ways up. I don't recall seeing
any that was flat on one side.