Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 15:13:42 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Love the Utopia you obviously inhabit if you think only animals have to
be 'trained' to do what 'we' want.

DickHeadxx,

Thanks for the abuse Timmy. Didn't really expect it from you. Turnip. yes.

Quite. You seemed to have jumped in a bit early with the indignance
Dave when you added that there?

is that you again? I love this as a way of trying to
justify the incomparable and the illogical. ;-)

Oh looks, the rest of the sentence, including the question mark and
the smiley!

Where the fcuk did you get the idea that that's what I might think
from, other than your own misconceptions (now I'm sure it's
DickHeadxx)! And using the left brainer / troll 'everything has to be
black or white' in the attempt to make a point?

Every kid gets trained in the same way to do what his parents want.

Ah, with sticks, chains and electric prods? Or 'rewards' like it can
eat if it does something not natural to it as a species?

Didn't know you went to public school.

So was that the pain or the food bit that was referencing that to (or
both). ;-)

You really do need to get out a bit more and discover the world is not
black and white.

That's exactly what I already know from when I go out 'in the world'
every day. The point is we can make it less 'black' for the animals if
we choose to.

Just because some animals are treated badly doesn't mean
all are.

I never said they were. Really, this must be DickHeadxx, real Dave
doesn't keep stating the bleeding obvious! ;-)

And perhaps you think humans treat all other humans well too?

Yup, deffo DickHeadxx. ( that's a joke, again, on him, not you).

Seriously though, your replies here really do show either you haven't
had much contact with animals and / or you are in conflict between
your actions and your morals (and most people actually are of course).

From all our previous discussions over the years I don't think you are
the sort of person who would intentionally hurt an animal but would
agree animals *are* hurt in the process of getting them on your plate
(ignoring even the killing bit) and the reality of dealing with that
can be quite a thing for most of us.

Of course there can be a problem with 'quitting' anything we may have
done for a long time, probably enjoyed (like smoking, drinking,
over-eating or slave trading) and especially if we don't see why we
should ('what does the doctor know anyway?', 'why can't I keep 10,000
chickens locked in a shed all their lives, I'm feeding, not kicking
them?' sorta thing).

So believe / like / agree / care with the fact or not, sentient beings
that share many of the emotions and sensations we enjoy do suffer
*unnecessarily* for us. The choice is yours if you want to continue to
be part of that problem (certainly as seen by them), or be part of the
solution? Denial of the situation isn't a solution. ;-(

https://ibb.co/JFv5yTQ

Cheers, T i m