Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default How to hide screws in a wooden deck?

On 04/06/2021 15:35, Suzanne Clarke wrote:
No, we've been here since they were put in and there were no holes to fill up with dirt. Hubby thinks they went in from the top and the fibres closed over them really well. Will have a good stare at the ones the 18 year has been tasked with removing along with the old planks to see if they have the nibs like wood deck screws Fred linked to.

Son and hubby have removed one and a half planks in two hours. A lot of the wood is rotten but looks like a lot is not! Any tips for quick removal as there is a lot more to do? We want to save the base so are afraid of letting the hulklike son just rip them up.

Maybe your old one was put in by pinning with headless nails from an air
nailer. These are virtually invisible from the top on old boards. You
would be able to find them with a rare earth magnet.