Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 10:02:07 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

snip

Western Enlightenment thought placed a great emphasis on truth telling,

Most 'decent people' put emphasis on that as well. I don't lie because
1) I don't need to and 2) my memory isn't good enough to pull it off
if I was to try.

but other cultures have often placed more emphasis on winning than being
truthful.

Yup, we call then trolls (and some self appointed 'philosophers').

Lying to infidels is a moral duty in Islam.

So you say.

Marxist thought defends the principle of the end justifying the means
which is why all leftards lie routinely.

Interesting that you looked into it all. Personally I'll stick to just
telling the truth.

Cheers, T i m