Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default Anchor Hocking versus Pyrex oven save glass measuring cups

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 06:45:27 -0400, Giada wrote:

On 6/4/21 10:02 PM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 4 Jun 2021 21:42:08 -0000 (UTC), Dan Purgert
wrote:

Orly wrote:
The Anchor Hocking and Pyrex measuring cups I had dribbled
down the sides of the cup and made a mess
if you tried to pour a liquid slowly.
Yes. They do.

However, these no-name cups don't make a mess when pouring:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089CW35VY
But look at the prices.

$16 iFlower 16oz https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089CW35VY
$13 Pyrex 8oz https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pyrex-Pre...Clear/33158667
(I couldn't find a 16 oz cup so expect it to be around the same as the iFlower)
$4 A/H 16oz https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anchor-Ho...Ounce/14938488

And that's a 4x price difference for just for one measuring cup.

To complicate things further (maybe, since this story is from 1961), my
mother had a glass measuring cup pretty much like these, and when my
brother was in medical school, he measured the volume with something
from the chem lab and it was off by 20% or more.

How much more?

Pick your price :

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Pyrex-1...RD0ZPUOOMBM31A

John T.