Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default 4" vs 6" ducting for effective dust collecting

Bill Pentz wrote in
groupdirect.com:

There is much logical sounding information in this discussion thread
that is unfortunately either partially or wholly wrong. Please take
the time to at least read my blog if not my web pages for more
information.

What have you learned in the 15 years or so since that thread happened?

Is a big giant cyclone with hard to find (for me at least) 6" PVC pipe
still the awesomest way to go? Is a broom still the best way to remove
sawdust from the floor, especially when we can buy a Festool tool to do
that?

Puckdropper
(Questions 1 and 2 are serious.)