Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul[_46_] Paul[_46_] is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I wonder how long the battery lasts for, ie does the time it runs get lower
with increasing age, and when its ready for a new battery will they still be
around to buy?
Brian

The neighbours previous battery mower, lasted four years, before
I saw it appear out on garbage day. The battery on that wasn't
modular, so did not lend itself to easy replacement.

One weakness of lithium, is if you let it run down,
below the "low" fill line, the charger will refuse to
charge it. For safety reasons (plated out lithium).
I expect the reason the mower was unusable after
four years, is improper maintenance over the
winter interval.

Paul