Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

"T i m" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 08:37:08 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

I ask because Mum (92) was considering such a thing a while back (we
looked at them in Homebase) and likes to be self sufficient and if it
was fairly light / manoeuvrable and didn't have a cord to trip over
(more than cut though) it might be a solution for her?

I wouldn't go with an aldi in that situation, the availability of
spares would be worse than with a better brand like Makita etc.

You are probably right as I've generally been able to get parts for
'big brand' stuff but have never tried (needed?) for anything from
Lidl / Aldi?

If it comes with a 3 year warranty (at that price) it might not be an
issue?

I keep my lawnmowers for much longer than that and you
may well find that a replacement battery is a problem outside
warranty and with the blades too unless they are generic.