Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT - covid tests at home

Bod wrote
On 04/06/2021 12:10, Frank wrote:
On 6/4/2021 1:12 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 23:30, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 1:27 PM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 17:10, Frank wrote:
On 6/3/2021 11:22 AM, Bod wrote:
On 03/06/2021 16:16, Bob F wrote:
On 6/3/2021 8:06 AM, Frank wrote:
Good summary of available tests:
https://cen.acs.org/analytical-chemi...-review/99/i20

You can buy a test, or get a free vaccination and have very little
to worry about. Millions have chosen the free vaccine.

PCR tests are free in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test

Nothing is free. It comes out of taxes.

Yes, but *everyone* can get one even if you don't pay taxes.
It's vital that as many people as possible get a test.
It common sense.

That just means that they guy that pays taxes also pays for the guy
that does not pay taxes.

So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford
insurance suffer and die because of a principle.
I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up
with a bill of a few grand. That doesn't happen here.
You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for health
care per person than the UK citizen.

If you look at all healthcare spending, including treatment funded
privately by individuals, the US spent 17.2% of its GDP on healthcare in
2016, compared with 9.7% in the UK. In pounds per head, that's £2,892 on
healthcare for every person in the UK and £7,617 per person in the US.6
Feb 2018

I'm must pointing out the facts on both sides of the pond. None of us
are callous enough to want the poor suffer.

US healthcare is expensive but the best in the world but costly, mostly
due to government interference.

TOP 10: Countries with the best healthcare system

https://www.cignaglobal.com/blog/hea...lthcare-system

Perceived is a rather iffy measure. Best measure is infant mortality and
years in good health and the USA does quite poorly in both areas. But
its difficult to separate genetics from years in good health.