Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

On 4 Jun 2021 14:41:59 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 13:05:54 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

I think that's the way it works, I assume there are government/NHS
guidelines that say doctors can't prescribe for more than a month at a
time.

I think 'it depends'. On, for example, how stable the patient's needs
are,

In this case it's just the same 5mg Amlodopine all the time (for ever
presumably)?

and whether they can be trusted not to overdose, etc.

Can you on Amlodopine? ;-)

For as long as I can remember, I've got 3 months at a time. As it
happens, that includes amlodipine.

Well that would be better as at least it would justify the packaging
'Pass the parcel' from Boots. ;-)

I get these things might have a shelf life and we might not last a
whole year at a time but for something as mundane as a low dose blood
pressure tablet I would have thought 3 month batches would be the
minimum they would do?

Cheers, T i m