Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Amazon and Bandwith Sharing

On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 05:00:50 -0700 (PDT), Marilyn Manson
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 2, 2021 at 5:50:36 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/2/2021 5:20 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Amazon will automatically connect your devices to something called
Sidewalk Network. Fortunately, I don't happen to own any of them. The article talks about Ring and Echo devices. It has a link to a list.
https://www.theverge.com/22463257/amazon-sidewalk-privacy-how-to-opt-out

They mention Ring camera. I don't see it on my Ring doorbell. I did
opt out on the Echo though.

Theres a list of Sidewalk compatible Ring devices at the link below.

Some doorbells are on the list and the link mentions that other devices
will be added later. I doubt youll be directly informed if one of your devices
gets added. Im guessing its on you to keep checking and opt out as soon
as you can.

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/ar...lk-Information

I agree with Joyce on this one. I am not interested in Echo.