Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon[_2_] Chris Bacon[_2_] is offline

Default Long bolts.

On 04/06/2021 13:18, Tricky Dicky wrote:
On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:09:20 PM UTC+1, Chris Bacon wrote:
I need 240mm M8 coach bolts (or roofing bolts). These do not seem to be
available.

If I use studding (threaded bar), how can I make a coach bold styne
domed head on one end?

Doming it should not be too much of a problem torch or gas welding equipment and something you can use as an anvil, making the squared bit will require set and dolly. If all you want is a head then welding a nut on the end of the studding is probably the easiest solution.

Thank you. I have some studding (why is Toolstation & Screwfix so dear
for this stuff?), so I'm going to use it for a temporary bodge while I
work on the roof trusses. Now it's bliddy raining. I have found online
M8 x 240mm coach bolts can be had, and I only need 8 or so, I'll get
them in the week.