Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery[_3_] Ralph Mowery[_3_] is offline

Default OT - covid tests at home

In article , says...

So you watch millions of your poorer Americans who can't afford
insurance suffer and die because of a principle.
I hear that even if you are insured, that many folk can still end up
with a bill of a few grand. That doesn't happen here.
You worry about paying for others, but Americans pay double for health
care per person than the UK citizen.

The sorry assholes that do no work and use the system to live do very
well in one sense. They just show up at a hospital and get free care.
If they feel sick, they call for the 'free taxi with the flashing
lights', (ambulance). It costs me about $ 250 after the insurance pays
for the ambulance. A good many years ago there was a study done in a
large city in NC and there were 3 people that had ambulance bills over
$ 10,000 each that can not be collected on. ONe was $ 20,000. That was
about 20 years ago, so you can see how much the freeloaders are costing
the working people.

The working Americans do have to pay about double to 3 times what they
should because of the free loaders.
They are the ones suffering as their money needs to go to their bills.
The ones that are working and trying to better their selves but have low
paying jobs are the ones really suffering.

Depending on the insurance one has, it can still be costly. We have
decent insurance being retired. My fell and broke her hip a few months
back. Sofar the total cost has been close to $ 2000. That is for a
week or so in the hospital , 10 days in an extended care place, and 2
trips a week for someone to come to the house for physical traning and
checking on the progress for about 2 months.