Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_4_] Fredxx[_4_] is offline

Default Long bolts.

On 04/06/2021 14:09, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 05:18:54 -0700 (PDT), Tricky Dicky
wrote:

On Friday, June 4, 2021 at 1:09:20 PM UTC+1, Chris Bacon wrote:
I need 240mm M8 coach bolts (or roofing bolts). These do not seem to be
available.

If I use studding (threaded bar), how can I make a coach bold styne
domed head on one end?

Any other ideas? These to join concrete uprights of sectional building.

Doming it should not be too much of a problem torch or gas welding equipment and something you can use as an anvil, making the squared bit will require set and dolly. If all you want is a head then welding a nut on the end of the studding is probably the easiest solution.

Or, depending on the diameter of the hole, join some studding to cheap
/ std coach bolts with some 'stud connectors' (locked up with a hard
locking compound if necessary)?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/easyfix-c...-10-pack/373gx

I don't see how that is helpful. Perhaps Chris can advise.

If those connecting nuts could enter the hole, then I'm sure the OP
could have used larger diameter coach screws. Even ToolSatan has M12 x
240m coach bolts

Apparently Crispy Bacon doesn't want my advice because I'm a ******.
;-)

You are, but since you've tried I thought I would reply so he could see
your 'advice'.