Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default OT: Online prescriptions. Better than Boots?

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 13:05:54 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

T i m wrote:

Now, they have been sending them though monthly (just 1 box x 5mG
Amlodopine) but it seems I have to 'request' them monthly, not what I
thought I was going to have to do.

I think that's the way it works, I assume there are government/NHS
guidelines that say doctors can't prescribe for more than a month at a
time.

You may be right Chris (crazy though it seems (and especially
considering the cost (time / additional packaging) 'mail order') in
these circumstances). ;-(

Unfortunately their email-reminder ends up in my spam folder so unless
I check I can miss the reminder and run out.

Don't you notice you only have (say) a week's worth left? That's how
I get reminded - when there's only 7 pills left I get on-line and
order more.

I guess I could 'take closer notice' of that and sort of do yes ()so
haven't *actually* gone without yet). I think is that I thought
(believe I was told) that I could sign up to an online-pharmacy and
'just' be sent them every interval? After all, they have a pulldown
on the online site (that it seems to have to go to, every month)
asking when you would like the next reminder and I thought that would
be something I could do the once? Don't change it unless things change
sorta thing?

So, can anyone confirm if I should be able to get at least say 1 years
worth of prescriptions delivered (monthly presumably) *without* having
to keep requesting them please?

I think you're not going to get what you want!

Yes, from this and the other replies I think you may be right. ;-(

As I am back to doing the shopping and thinking of all the 'waste'
(postage costs and packaging) this online service seems to generate, I
might just go back to collecting it in person. ;-(

And there was me thinking it was 2021. ;-)

Cheers, T i m