Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 22:02:14 -0400, Paul
wrote:

snip

Assuming she can keep it on it's back then front wheels when getting
it in over the step up to the garage (as you would a pram / baby buggy
going up a kerb) then she would only be levering the weight up with
the handle, rather than dead-lifting the whole thing (with the front
half being easier as she would be pressing down and with a better
lever). Whilst she's still strong she's not always that steady on her
pins but I was thinking that the handle (like a walking frame) and
even weight might help her?

Do you lift the battery out to charge it and if so is that reasonably
light / easy would you say?

Did you run the battery flat and if so what sort of run time did it
give?

A self-propelled battery mower, might provide some
mechanical advantage when pacing the yard.

Agreed, just not sure they are available at that price break and how
much heavier it might make it?

It is not
likely to help when putting the mower away though
(width of mower versus width of doorway? mess?).

It's not that difficult (and something she had done regularly for the
50 years she has lived there with a whole range of mowers).

She seemed to take to her G-Tech battery cleaners and so it was losing
the cord that was the draw on them (less likely to be a trip hazard)
and so the same thought with a battery mower.

Her main mobility issues are the *distance* she can walk *comfortably*
(bunions) and sometimes, balance (typically after standing up or
turning round quickly etc).

That's why we tell her off when we go round there and catch her
standing on a chair and cleaning the windows! ;-(

Cheers, T i m