Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default OT - covid tests at home

On 6/3/2021 7:31 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 18:42:31 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/3/2021 5:40 PM, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 03 Jun 2021 15:38:13 -0400, micky wrote:

You still need a test if you want many/most medical procedures. I had
a cardiac catheterization in December and they insisted on one, and I
have the famous 10-year test coming up on the 16th and they insist on
one for that too. No rapid test permitted.

My wife and I did Cologuard this year instead of the usual 10-year test. I
had some trepidation but it worked out just fine. If you're qualified, I
recommend it.

I did Cologuard a few years ago and was dismayed to find a friends widow
had a false positive and had to have a followup colonoscopy. I see
there is a 12% false positive rate.

If I had to choose, I'd say false positives are better than false
negatives. If the worst that happens is that you proceed with the
colonoscopy that you would have had anyway, that's no big deal and it
answers the big question. After all, it's not a *false* positive until you
get a second opinion. Before that, it's just a positive.

https://www.gastroconsa.com/the-trut...loguard-tests/

Before that I had a virtual colonoscopy which is more inconvenient than
a regular one as you do the same clean out, add contrast ingredients and
go through a CT scan. It can also show if you have other irregularities.

I'm in a low risk group so my Doc hasn't suggested that for me. Yet.

It costs more but for me I did not have to stop and bridge coumadin
blood thinner which is why I got it. It did help avoid another test my
gp wanted for aneurysm at my age as ct showed it was fine.