Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Mini review: Aldi battery mower

On 03/06/2021 19:09, T i m wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 16:55:57 +0100, R D S wrote:

Aldi Ferrox battery mower, around 130 quid with battery/charger i'm told.

40cm cut, seems sufficiently powerful, I can't see it struggling unless
your lawn is neglected.

It's surprisingly sturdy, feels a fair bit more substantial than the
prior plug in mowers i've owned.

Easily adjustable cut height.

I'd highly recommend.

Did you get the charger / battery thing sorted or was that an 'extra'?

We got it sorted, it's approx 85 quid without battery, 130 with, we
bought it with and battery/charger turned up today.

Would you say it's any easier to manhandle than a corded mower with a
similar capacity?

It's easier for *me* than ****ing about with an extension but TBH it
feels a fair bit heavier than our prior pair of Bosch Rotaks.
It's OK when it's on the ground but it is a bit of a lump to carry.

I ask because Mum (92) was considering such a thing a while back (we
looked at them in Homebase) and likes to be self sufficient and if it
was fairly light / manoeuvrable and didn't have a cord to trip over
(more than cut though) it might be a solution for her?

I suspect she may struggle. Documentation suggests it's 16.5kg.