Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Cordless Impact Drill

On 03/06/2021 20:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 17:21, Fredxx wrote:
On 03/06/2021 17:12, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:31, Fredxx wrote:
On 03/06/2021 15:26, GB wrote:
On 03/06/2021 14:07, John Rumm wrote:
On 03/06/2021 11:54, Roy Lefley wrote:
I am trying to locate a replacement battery for myÂ* Cordless impact
drill 24 v battery. drill PCD-24001. S/n 0601367a/2006. Any help
appreciated. R Lefley

Powercraft seem to have been made by Ferm. Is it this one:

http://doc.ferm.com/Servotool/docume...%200405-25.pdf

They might be able to supply batteries:

https://ferm-diy.com/en/catalogsearc...tery+pcd+24001

It's annoying to throw away a perfectly good drill, but is it
realistic to spend say £30-40 on a new Ni-Cd battery or re-celling
the old one?

I bought some re-celled ones on eBay. I doubt I could have re-celled
one for same price.

or with the same (lack of) quality of cells probably... :-)

My experience may not be typical.

I have bought some cells to re-celled a couple of batteries and I've
bought re-celled ones. The faff is one thing, but the bought re-celled
batteries are still going strong, whereas I was disappointed with my
own attempt.

YMMV

Indeed, and it waa a slightly tongue in cheek response. The recelled
onea might be good - but it can be hard to know in advance.

My experience with "compatible" and recelled packs I tried, was that
while initially ok they did not have the same life as the OEM Makita
ones. Same applies to the one I recelled myself - at a price where it
was worth doing the performance was not good enough.

There were some pretty weird deals available, and I doubt that you could
have recelled more cheaply. For example Makita 4ah for £22 (now, sadly,
no longer available).

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gen...ps2199-3606756