Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default West Virginia offering guns as prizes in COVID vaccine lottery

On Thursday, June 3, 2021 at 1:33:46 AM UTC-4, Jim Joyce wrote:
On Thu, 3 Jun 2021 04:01:59 +0100, Bod wrote:

WTF !

You gotta know your audience and apparently guns are expected to bring in
the biggest numbers of vax seekers in WV.

Ohio uses a million dollar lottery while Minnesota dangles a free fishing
license, tickets to the state fair, a $25 gift card, and a free pass to the
state parks. I guess one size doesn't fit all but the million bucks sounds
the best to me.

Whoever came up with the Ohio lottery idea is a genius. They pull the winner from
a list of all Ohio residents and then find out if that person was vaccinated. If they are,
they win the million. If not, they get notified that they would have won, but they are
not eligible and they pick again. And I assume the press gets notified too. Beautiful.