Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 09:50:19 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

snip

Another expression is that two best days of boat ownership is the day you buy it and the day you sell it.

;-)

We have had boats that in hindsight, (change of circumstance) didn't
work out as planned and ended up costing lots of money.

For me the biggest example of that wasn't actually a boat but a 486
laptop I bought for around 1000 pounds with loads of idea as to how I
was going to get good use out of it. I probably ended up using it no
more than 10 times making it 100 pounds per go. ;-(

We haven't used the tandem cycle 'that much' either but for the times
we have used it (camping / touring holidays) it has justified the
purchase price and because it's dry stored (and with no marina /
mooring fees g) will probably recoup most of it's cost when sold.

Cycles don't go out of fashion quite like some electronics. ;-)

Cheers, T i m