Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Power washer uses and misuses?

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 19:54:54 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Any "deal" on service is a sales call at best and could be a scam.
Generally speaking it costs about $100 for them to get out of their
truck for a service call. I am suspicious if the offer is much less
than that. I am certainly not going in the house for anything while
they are there.
Fortunately I do know some guys so I don't have to deal with
strangers. They still get $100 from me, usually cash. The rest is
between them, their wife and the IRS. ;-)

I got ripped off by a company that adertises on the local TV station.
Was told it was $ 95 for them to come out.. OK no problem. The man was
there for about 1 minuite and said it was a bad capacitor. Cost about
$ 300 to get it replaced that took about 5 minuits. System worked fine
for several years and I had ordered the capacitor from Ebay for about $
15 to replace it the next time it went out.

I had a bad capacitor in my system and when I checked it, both sides
were bad. I rooted around in my box of capacitors and came up with 4
that added up to something close in each side. It got me going until
Amazon could get the right one to me.