Posted to alt.home.repair
%%[_2_] %%[_2_] is offline

Default OT. Amazon and Bandwith Sharing

"Jim Joyce" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 17:50:29 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/2/2021 5:20 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
Amazon will automatically connect your devices to something called
Sidewalk Network. Fortunately, I don't happen to own any of them.
The article talks about Ring and Echo devices. It has a link to a list.
https://www.theverge.com/22463257/amazon-sidewalk-privacy-how-to-opt-out

They mention Ring camera. I don't see it on my Ring doorbell. I did
opt out on the Echo though.

When I bought this house two years ago, part of the Smart Home system
included an Echo and a Dot. Those two devices are still in their boxes.

More fool you.