Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Data protection!

On 02/06/2021 21:09, Bob Eager wrote:
On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 19:27:21 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

The problem comes when the Mrs then rips a strip off them and makes a
complaint to the data protection regulator because "you discussed my
personal business with that psychotic scamming SoB that I am divorcing,
because of his controlling behavoiour!"[1]

[1] Not suggesting that is the case here of course, but you can see that
making assumptions that all is cordial and cosy between two people just
because they share a surname is not always a safe assumption.

We had a major problem with an insurance company applying details of an
accident to the wrong part. It was resolved, only to pop up at the next
renewal when another company accused my wife of not declaring an accident
of mine.

We made a total of £500 in compensation out of that.

:-)

I think Matalan are still convinced that I am Mrs Rumin or something
similar!

--
Cheers,

John.