Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Wanted, a latch for a gate that lets it swing both ways

"Richard" wrote in message
On 02/06/2021 10:07, Chris Green wrote:
newshound wrote:
On 02/06/2021 06:22, Richard wrote:

If you haven't found the solution yet, this is genius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3yGztiAsOU

Neat, but ironically it would not be horse-proof! I've had horses that
could operate the pull-down bar latch in American barn sliding doors.
And they defeat people who have not seen one before.

I can't really see how it works, it doesn't have to be horse proof in
our case, just chicken proof. We do have lots of old horseshoes
around the place and I can weld things.

Youtube just has a link to Facebook and after that I lost interest!

https://www.qt.com.au/news/the-viral...o-see/3359906/

That one isnt livestock proof. But would be fine for a chicken coop.