Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Peter W. Peter W. is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

People into classic gaming do. Harder to come by ones like Sony PVM and
BVM models can demand a fair bit of money. Not all CRTs are equal but
targeting gamers into that is an easy way to turn one into some amount of
$

Are you suggesting that our vintage 1999 32" Sony WEGA might be worth something? It followed us back from Saudi Arabia, so it is PAL1, PAL2, SECAM and NTSC, as well as voltage agile from 100 VAC to 240 VAC.

My wife is its only user, maybe I could trade it in for a 40" flat-screen.... they are so cheap these days, even for a 'name brand'. Thoughts?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA