Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S[_2_] R D S[_2_] is offline

Default Data protection!

On 02/06/2021 12:11, T i m wrote:
I guess if you were asking for the results of her medical tests or
something that might be considered 'private' or even likely to be a
gift, you can see why they might need to interpret the rules
'strongly' but a customer service enquiry on a battery mower ... ;-(

I know, why aren't there as many people working on making the rules
sensible and workable as there are making many of them effing pointless.

So I guess the question of 'is it bureaucracy gone mad' may be down to
if there is any granularity in 'the rules' and if the Aldi rep applied
them correctly or not?

Yeah, I said... Mate, she's down two flights of stairs and probably busy
with a customer, can you not simply check that what i'm telling you is
correct and if so just send *her* a battery?

Apparently not. More than his job's worth, eh?