Posted to uk.d-i-y
Joey[_5_] Joey[_5_] is offline

Default Wanted, a latch for a gate that lets it swing both ways

"Chris Green" wrote in message
newshound wrote:
On 02/06/2021 06:22, Richard wrote:

If you haven't found the solution yet, this is genius:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3yGztiAsOU

Neat, but ironically it would not be horse-proof! I've had horses that
could operate the pull-down bar latch in American barn sliding doors.
And they defeat people who have not seen one before.

I can't really see how it works,

Its very obvious, you pull up on the ring to release the latch.

Then the horseshoe is moved by the gate to let the latch
lock again and the horseshow stops the gate from swinging.

it doesn't have to be horse proof
in our case, just chicken proof.

It will do that fine.

We do have lots of old horseshoes
around the place and I can weld things.

Youtube just has a link to Facebook and after that I lost interest!

More fool you. That allows you to buy it if you dont want to make it
yourself.