Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT. Others Who Died in Floyd's Neighborhood

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 12:56:35 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 6/1/2021 8:54 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 6/1/2021 12:46 AM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/31/2021 8:41 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/31/2021 11:23 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/31/2021 4:43 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 5/31/2021 7:10 PM, Bob F wrote:
On 5/31/2021 11:50 AM, Heywood wrote:
On 5/31/2021 2:07 PM, Frank wrote:
On 5/31/2021 1:29 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
An article from the Minneapolis Star-Tribune talking about a
woman from George Floyd's neighborhood who lost sons.
https://www.startribune.com/in-floyd-s-old-neighborhood-his-death-was-only-the-most-famous-of-many/600062990/

Are we surprised?Â* And, it is getting worse since Floyd's death
since the public has turned against police.

The police evidently cause all the problems.Â* Easy to prove.
Have ALL the police take a week off and see how the crime rate
goes down. It will become know as Peace Week.

Have the police take a week off from harassing people that are a
different color. Or maybe a lifetime. Then they might be a little
more successful in getting the cooperation of the people.

When every interaction with police might mean your undeserved
death, it is hard to be of any help to them.

That works both ways.Â* Sure, there are racist cops.Â* There are also
people trying to get away with crime and resisting.Â* Much of the
problem is brought on by the perpetrators so you have to separate
that part out and blame them.

If you want toÂ* see crime statistics, google Table 43.Â* I did it
for you
https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-43

Also, check out www.heyjackass.com to see how Chicago is doing.

The fact is that people of color are stopped, harassed, and often
murdered by police solely because of their color, especially if they
are driving a nice car. Those people are terrified of being unjustly
messed with. It even happens to Republican Senators.

https://www.npr.org/2016/07/14/48599...lice-in-a-year

How many white people have to have "the talk" with their kids about
police?

Not doubting any of that, but both sides have to work to fix it.Â* No
different that when your kids give you attitude, you dig in.Â* Does
not matter what color you are, don't give the cops **** just because.

Yes, my kids learned how to talk to cops and what to do if stopped.

You do KNOW it is not the same thing????

It can be but if you start off with "WTF you stopping me for?" it may go
down hill from there, no matter your color.

You ASSUME that that is the way all these cases happen! Peaple are
ending up dead after being stopped for an air freshener hanging from
their mirror. And you must be able to figure out that not everyone
mouths off to the cops. They are terrified of getting hauled out of the
car and getting beat or shot. So they ask what they did, and end up
dead. Is this the America YOU want to live in?

Dante Wright had bad tags and no insurance plus a warrant in
connection with a parole violation on a strong arm robbery. If it was
just a "profile stop", the profile must be working.
I am sure the pregnant woman he beat the **** out of is not shedding
any tears.