Posted to alt.home.repair
bruce bowser bruce bowser is offline

Default French Cognac vs. other Cognac

On 2021-06-01 8:24 a.m., Taxed and Spent wrote:
On 5/31/2021 11:21 PM, GM wrote:

Remember the looming polar bear ""extinction"? By most estimates
there are many more polar bears today than decades ago...a quick
goog brings up much stuff...

Etcetera...

"science" is the new "racism". The mere mention of either word out
of the mouth of a woke, and all discussion must cease.

There appears to be a new definition to the word "science". It used
to involve empirical observations, and results could be replicated.
There have been a number of issues with the Covid19 pandemic where
people have talked about following the science, but those scientific
facts seem to be based more on anecdotes than on empirical studies.
Look at the controversy on masks. No, we don't need them, but we have
to sterilize every surface, don't touch anyone or anything they have
touched. A couple months later we were told to wear masks, and
anyone who objected was scorned and and told to follow the science.
I realize that science gets more involved over time, but this
thing has been way to inconsistent to be referred to as science.

A typical response from a non-scientist!

I studied social sciences rather than the physical sciences, but I did a
considerable amount of research, was lab demonstrator in an experimental
Psychology course and completed a thesis. My first job out of university
was in educational research.

Social science and the laughable political "science" cannot be compared
to "hard" science.

Polly sci got AOL founder Steve Case $1.5 billion bucks. That doesn't sound very funny to me.