Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default OT. Help Wanted, Burger King etc.

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 08:05:39 -0400, Frank "frank wrote:

On 6/1/2021 7:52 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
My area of Nebraska is mostly back to normal as far as
gathering limitations, restaurant seating etc.
The local Burger King has a sign on the door. It says the dining
room is closed due to lack of help. A couple other fast food places
have their dining rooms still closed too. No explanation.
Walmart and other retailers are looking for help here. So are seed
production companies and farm equipment dealers. There's no
reason for people not to work, at least in my little world.
The Nebraska governor is ending the special Covid benefits
so we'll maybe get an idea how much difference those benefits make
to people.

Copied this from neighbors Facebook page:

"We have so many job openings: Server, Bartender, Managers, Assistant PT
Managers, Sous Chef, Line Cook, Head Dancing Clown Coordinator (big
shoes to fill). Yep, so many jobs. Apply online."

That was back in April and this from May:

"Wait. Really? Overpayment of unemployment money is keeping people from
wanting to work? Nawwwwww. Gtfo"

My local Hooters has this on their sign:

We're Hiring
Like Everyone Else