Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 01:40:14 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

On 31/05/2021 07:13, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2021 17:00:31 -0700 (PDT), David P
wrote:

A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes
By Chokshi & Krauss, 5/28/21, New York Times

The worst of the pandemic may be over for airlines, but
the industry faces another looming crisis: an accounting
over its contribution to climate change.

The world is already experiencing another and bigger crisis:

I thought you were going to put OT in front of any of sermons from the
keyboard?

*I* do, but I'm guessing you are mistaking me for the OP of the thread
(and there was me thinking you were a technical type).

Aww, and 'sermon' .... bless. ;-)

So, the words 'zoonotic pandemic', 'habitat destruction', 'wildlife
species extinction', 'animal exploitation' and 'antibiotic resistance'
and not worthy of consideration / discussion then (and with a very
simple solution to most of them), over and above ALL the other
unmarked and blatantly OT posts here (or just the ones you don't like
to read at least)?

If someone posts something re the potential damage to the ozone from
aeroplanes, why wouldn't mentioning something that is suggested to
cause even more damage to the same to put it into proportion.

We can't easily halt air traffic but we can easily reduce the
quantities of 'man made' methane production (that is 10x worse as a
GWGG than CO2)[1].

Cheers, T i m

[1] And whilst it's impact reduces relatively quickly compared with
CO2, it still remains active in the atmosphere at lower concentrations
for over 500 years and has a GWP of 28–36 over 100 years.