Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 06:48:03 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

I really don't see how you think this world (the environment) is
better than is was before we started ****ing it up, polluting the seas
with animal waste and plastics, the air with fossil fuel pollution and
habitat destruction and species extinction?

Trouble with that line is that its even more true of clearing
natural forests to grow plants and grain to eat.

But we don't generally do that (any more) to grow food for us but live
stock.

In fact we let cattle roam free in natural vegetation and
eat the cattle and that ****s the environment far less.

Sure, except that doesn't account for the 98% of cattle that are
reared in feed lots and are never allowed to roam anywhere. ;-(

There are several large areas set aside in parks and the likes over
here where they allow farmers to 'finish' their herd on grass so they
can sell it as 'grass fed'. Given the size of the area (and we are
talking about green and rainy England here), they only seem to put a
few (maybe 10) cows there and it's obvious that fairly quickly it's
all trimmed flat.

Cheers, T i m