Posted to alt.home.repair
Davej Davej is offline

Default Power washer uses and misuses?

Sorry to interrupt the (political) flow, but being the new owner of a fairly cheap pressure washer (Simpson 3300 2.4gpm, $300 on sale) I am curious about possible interesting uses that creative people may have come up with -- and also any warnings about what bad ideas are out there? I have one potentially bad idea -- I was thinking it might be good for cleaning A/C condenser units if careful to maintain distance? I have noticed that the stream really blows a tremendous amount of air, and if you remain more than a foot away (or more) from the target it seems to be just air and harmless mist. Also I was wondering how it might work as a trenching/honeysuckle removal tool (although mud goggles/swimsuit would be needed)? Also have tried it on vinyl siding (trying to aim somewhat downward) and have not created any holes yet.