Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default videotape rental stores

On Mon, 31 May 2021 13:45:37 -0400, wrote:

On Mon, 31 May 2021 06:58:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2021 23:48:37 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 30 May 2021 23:24:22 -0400, micky
wrote:

There were store video rental stores until last year, at least 5 in
Indiana:

I am not sure the last time I rented a movie but it was at least 20
years ago, maybe more like 25.

+ 1
... but hey ! - scratchy fragile dust-popping vinyl records
are making a comeback -
.... maybe there's hope for my Edison cylinders yet ?
John T.

There is still a pretty good sized stack of VHS tapes in my daughter's
room, movies she liked and an old tape machine but I doubt it has been
turned on in 20 years. I imagine the belts have turned to dust.

A couple years ago, I found a Denon stereo component
cassette player at a thrift store ~ $ 15. ish because my
grandson suddenly took an interest in our old cassette tapes -
and I was pleasantly surprised that it worked just fine !
... just made a bit of a clunk when starting/stopping fast speed -
- I suspect maybe a little rubber noise-damping pad went awol.
John T.