Posted to uk.d-i-y
mm0fmf[_2_] mm0fmf[_2_] is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

On 27/01/2021 10:29, R D S wrote:
I've a puncture on a front tyre, it's not in the legal repair area so
will need changing.

I can't decide whether to do both. that's the advice isn't it (from tyre
sellers )

Or shall I take it somewhere shifty and have a tube put in?

Depends. I would change FWD car tyres in pairs. Keep the good one and
make a pair out of it and another tyre.

Some 4WD cars need all tyres changing at once as a significant wear
difference can speed up wear in the centre diff. When I had a Quattro, I
rotated the tyres front to back regularly to keep the wear even. Still
never got more than 15k miles out of a set of 255/35R19Y tyres.