Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Large screen TV

In article ,
Andy Bennet wrote:
Was idly looking at some 65" TV reviews, and the 'best buy' at 3000 quid
only came with a wall mount bracket. For table top or freestanding, you
had to find and aftermarket stand - they didn't even list one as an
accessory.

Seemed odd to me - despite having a largish living room there is nowhere
convenient I could wall mount a TV.

Wall mounted TV's give me neck ache after a short time of use. Can't see
what the attraction is. Always put our (admittedly tiny) 55 incher on a
proper TV table. Much more comfortable!

Many yonks ago at BBC training college, we were taught that a monitor for
long term viewing (and most TV use fits this) should be below the eyeline.

Mush more recently I had physio for a bad back. One of their leaflets also
said to make sure your computer monitor was below your eye level too.

Lots of notes on monitor ergonomics suggest top of the screen level with
eyeline. For me, with my screens, that works out at bottom of the screen
about 7" off the desk.

--
Cheers,

John.