Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Replace front tyres in pairs?

On 29/01/2021 09:30, ARW wrote:
On 27/01/2021 20:21, mm0fmf wrote:
On 27/01/2021 13:41, NY wrote:
Why is it that most tyres (in my experience) develop punctures close
to the edge of the tread (where they can't be repaired) rather than
in the middle of the tread (where they can be)?

I had two 255/35R19 Y tyres on the old carĀ* that had punctures in the
centre of the tread. Simple fixes. Then I a screw go in right on the
edge of the sidewall of the latest car when I had had it for only 4
days. Ruined a 255/40R18Y RF that had only 2250 miles on it. Not a
cheap replacement.

I get more punctures than average. I suppose it goes with working on
building sites.

How do screws always know how to go for the newest tyres?

They are sniffing out the mould release agent.