Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default A Big Climate Problem With Few Easy Solutions: Planes

On Mon, 31 May 2021 07:18:00 +0100, Richard
wrote:

snip

The world is already experiencing another and bigger crisis:

TOO MANY FECKING PEOPLE ****ING PEOPLE.

Of course, but what do *you* think we should do about that now?

We had already consciously decided we didn't want to be part of the
problem by only having two children (and have already lost one).

Our remaining child (30) consciously doesn't want to bring a child
into this world, *because* of the mess we have already got it into.

At what point do people start thinking of anything other than
themselves, like many of those living more in harmony with the earth
were doing all those years ago?

'We' can easily help out without having to protest, lobby governments
or glue ourselves to the ground by just considering the impact of our
actions and adjusting our lifestyles accordingly. Like recycling more,
, traveling less (by plane / IC car), not wasting so much food or not
eating as much meat or consuming animal based products.

Cheers, T i m