Posted to alt.home.repair

Default videotape rental stores

On Sun, 30 May 2021 23:24:22 -0400, micky
wrote:

There were store video rental stores until last year, at least 5 in
Indiana:

I am not sure the last time I rented a movie but it was at least 20
years ago, maybe more like 25.
I was an early adopter tho. I was a member of a video club in the 70s,
renting Beta cassettes before VHS was a thing. They used to charge you
$150 a year or so just to be able to rent a movie. That was how they
raised the capital to get the movies in the first place.
Blockbuster was revolutionary because they didn't make you pay to join
to go there but their movies cost more per rental. I imagine if you
watched a lot of movies it might have been more expensive.