Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default OT. Ford Lightning. Battery F150

On 05/29/2021 02:46 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 2:26:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 18:33:48 -0600, rbowman posted for all of us to digest...

On 05/28/2021 11:46 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Exactly. Motorcycles, especially older models, have had the 'Reserve'
concept in place since just about forever. My current bike doesn't have a
mechanical reserve where I have to flip a valve, but it has a digital fuel
gauge that starts flashing and counts the miles. I know I can go 35-40
miles once it goes on Reserve. And yes, planning ahead is the best.

Seems to me that the older Volswagen bugs had the same thing. A reserve
tank, probably no fuel gauge.

You know it's going to be a bad day when the bike starts to sputter, you
reach down to turn the petcock to reserve, and you find it's already
there...

Does the AAA cover bikes?

--
Tekkie

It looks like they do. It never occurred to me to apply for it for anything.
All of my bikes have been rice grinders though.

It was a Suzuki DR650 that needed to be walked back to the house for a
snack. And, yes, I really did walk the thing about a mile.

Anyway I don't have AAA.