Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Running 2 x camp fridges off one gas bottle

On 29/05/2021 20:16, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I currently use a gas fridge when I go camping.

This year we will need 2. Is it feasible to run 2 fridges of one (Calor
Butane) bottle?

Or do I need one bottle and regulator per fridge?

Not a problem - as others have said, caravans have multiple devices
supplied via a single regulator. You'll need a metal tee-piece and three
jubilee clips after the regulator, with a branch to each fridge. Like
this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111425584...hoCCIQQAvD_BwE
- or perhaps this if you want to be able to isolate each fridge:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163656377...RoCqc0QAvD_BwE
(but you'll then need separate jubilee clips)

Butane is not good for high flows in cold weather - propane is far
better - but the flow to the fridges should be pretty low, and butane
will be fine unless you go somewhere with a lot of heavy frosts.
--
Cheers,
Roger