Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Running 2 x camp fridges off one gas bottle

newshound wrote:
On 29/05/2021 20:16, Chris Holmes wrote:

Hi All,

I currently use a gas fridge when I go camping.

This year we will need 2. Is it feasible to run 2 fridges of one (Calor
Butane) bottle?

Or do I need one bottle and regulator per fridge?

Can't see why it should not work. The consumption must be relatively low.

A quick google shows plenty of pre-regulator tees for a single bottle,
presumably not what you want. Do you feel competent to make up your own
to tee three hoses together? Many boat/caravan users must have cooker +
heater + fridge. Or do people typically have a separate regulator for each?

No, a single regulator seems to be able to flow enough gas for fridge, oven
gas hob and heating simultaneously in my experience and this wasnt a
special €śhigh flow€ť one.

Our motor home fridge wasnt happy on butane but this may have been due to
the move by the manufacturers to a single pressure regulator for both
propane and butane. This meant that it ran €śrich€ť on butane and sooted up.

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls