Posted to sci.electronics.repair
T i m T i m is offline

Default Is there any "market" for old electronics, even for free?

On Fri, 28 May 2021 20:24:06 +0100, Mike Coon
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Are we talking auto/isolation-transformers here?

I was reading a sailing magazine that mentioned using an autotransformer
in the context of isolation. I felt impelled to write and point out that
because an autotransformer has part of the winding shared between
primary and secondary, isolation is one thing it definitely does not do!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autotransformer

Ah yes, thanks (didn't even need to look at the link but did g)
just dragging stuff up from the past in my mind. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Do you sail and if so what OOI? Dinghy sailor and son of a Shell
Tanker Capt here. ;-)