Posted to alt.home.repair
bruce bowser bruce bowser is offline

Default French Cognac vs. other Cognac

On Saturday, May 29, 2021 at 10:32:43 AM UTC-4, J. J. Lodder wrote in alt.usage.english:
Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
On Fri, 28 May 2021 23:36:29 +0100
Ian Jackson wrote:
In message , Ian Jackson
writes
In message , charles
writes
In article ,
Pamela wrote:
On 14:02 27 May 2021, occam said:

[maybe]

India Pale Ale from India? No, hold on, that's the wrong way around.

Indeed ...TO India

I was led to believe that ISP was a stronger-than-normal beer (around
7% ABV) in order to ensure that it didn't 'go off' on the long voyage
from Britain to India. These days, it's not unusual to see it as low as
4%.

That's just abuse of the phrase; Greene King "IPA" is even worse at 3.6%
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greene_King#Greene_King

An IPA has to be at least 5.5% in my book.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/138/86959/
(SN IPA 6.1%)

Unless it is at 0.0%
'Brand' (the oldest Dutch brewery still in existence)
makes an IPA at 7%, and a very similar one 0,0%

There is no similarity in that. Kiddie drinks can never be the same as a 7% 14 proof.