Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Steam Gift Card scam?

tim... wrote:

until we recently changed the system, bank transfers ran the risk of you
accidentally transferring the money to the wrong account number and having a
mare are getting it back

I thought that all banks checked payee details before allowing transfers
these days but I was surprised to discover last week (whilst transferring
£10,000) that this isnt possible when transferring to Clydesdale/Virgin
money accounts.

Dont think Ive ever checked sort code and account numbers more carefully
in my life. ;-)

I hope that as payee checking becomes more normalised, banks that *dont*
do this will become liable for any losses incurred by account number
errors.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls