Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Cherry picker for small soffit repair?

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 29 May 2021 10:26:21 +0100, Mike Halmarack
wrote:

Very good points Charles and Theo.
I'm convinced, thanks.

Mate hired one to do some work on his mates two story bungalow design
house gable end and it said it was unnerving wobbly, reverting to a
frame / scaffold thing for subsequent works.

Not suggesting it got close to falling over but I think he said you
have to pay very close attention to the stability and levelness of the
ground and it's not that easy to rectify if it's not ideal (because of
the weight of the thing and the fact that it's 'mobile').

Cheers, T i m

I hired a towable one to paint the front and sides of my house and it was
just brilliant. I did have one incident though. It had four extendable
legs with feet that needed to be wound down firmly at each corner and motor
cut-out switches in each leg to prevent you using it without winding the
feet down.

I discovered that if you dont wind the feet down really firmly, it was
possible when the lifting arm was at full lateral reach, it reduced the
load on the diametrically opposite foot enough to cause the cut-out switch
to trip leaving you stranded up in the air.

Its at times like these you bless the invention of mobile phones. ;-)

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls