Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default cut gas pipe

JohnP wrote:

Many householder know how to turn off the water and electric - but what
about the gas?

Generally easier than the water.

I agree - but not necessarily appreceated by all housholders.

Thinking about all the bits of knowledge that I have about the
house and its basic operation, it struck me that my partner, who
is significantly younger, and therefore more likely to have to
cope with it all sometime, would know little about it.

I have begun a "Home Manual" in which I give details, some with
photos, showing stop taps and isolators, fused spurs (a
surprising number, and not all in obvious positions), heating
system, changing downlights, computer setups and backup
processes, and so forth.

I have also gathered together in a binder as many relevant
instruction manuals as I can find about the house.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
@ChrisJDixon1