Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Top window falls automatically

wrote in message
On Fri, 28 May 2021 13:38:00 -0700, Bob F wrote:

On 5/28/2021 11:57 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 10:17:02 -0400, Ed Pawlowski
wrote:

On 5/28/2021 7:02 AM, Larry wrote:
On 5/28/21 6:14 AM, micky wrote:
In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 28 May 2021 11:47:38 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Mike wrote

I have the same irritating problem with mine. Open the bottom
window
and
the top window falls down open also.

You're a bit late after 15 years, Rumplestiltskin.

I see this complaint a lot but I think it's misplaced.

I think homemoaners works differently from home.repair. It's
web-based
and emphasizes searching on a topic to find posts on similar topics.
Then people ask their own questions in a thread that can run for
years
and is about that topic. It doesn't matter that the previous poster
was 15 years earlier. What matters to the current poster is whether
someone will answer him or not. Homemoaners is happy to have people
answer in a thread that has been running for decades because at least
sometimes, the answers are related. It doers't matter if the poster
from years ago solved his problem or not.

Home.repair posts are seen mostly by current readers. A post doesn't
get connected to one from years ago unless the poster or reader on
his
own computer has posts going back years and the chosen subject line
is
exactly the same as an earlier subject line. Then the new post and
answer to it get sorted together along with the one from years ago,
and
it's very likely the person with lots of very old posts on his own
computer will never see the new post or answers to it, because they
will
sort so high in the list.

IOW homemoaners and home.repair work very differently.

--
For full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...lly-20592-.htm

Usenet invented alt.home.repair.
Homo-owners-chub figured out a way to resurrect old moldy posts, shove
advertising up your ass and skim some dollars for themselves along the
way.

Capitalism at work. Few people have ever heard of usenet and most ISPs
don't carry it. Everyone knows of the WWW.

Absolutely. I much prefer Usenet but they homeowners is doing nothing
wrong.

Except, always failing to include enough content so readers can know
what the hell they are talking about without have to go to the stupid
data stealing site.

Except, it's a troll. It's always the same poster

Bull****. That site is the one that puts the post on usenet, stupid.

and noone from hommoaners ever replies.

That's a pig ignorant lie too.